Alumni Association

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get in touch with my classmates?
Call the Alumni Office toll free at 1-877-UNCG-123 or email us at You will need to provide your full name, address, email and phone number, as well as who you are looking for and how you know them. We will forward your request (provided we have a valid mailing or email address) and let them know that you are trying to get in touch with them.

How do I know if I’m a member of the Alumni Association?
Effective Jan. 1, 2009, all alumni of UNCG and Woman’s College are members of the Alumni Association, and are no longer required to pay annual dues. This membership change has grown our official Alumni Association membership from approximately 3,500 to over 100,000! Our ultimate goal is to provide more ways for alumni to remain connected and involved with each other and their alma mater.

Is there an Alumni Club in my area?
We are establishing regional Alumni Clubs throughout North Carolina and the U.S. Currently, alumni clubs exist in the Triad (Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point), the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill), Charlotte, Atlanta, New York City and Washington, D.C. We do have alumni all over the country, and we are always hosting alumni events in a variety of locations. If you are interested in connecting with other UNCG alumni in your area, we invite you to help us plan an event and either join an established club or start up a regional club in your area. Contact Donegan Root, Associate Director of Alumni Engagement, at or (336) 256-2013 for more information.

How can I get a class ring?
In the fall of 2000, UNCG returned to a single ring tradition — meaning that only one official ring style would be endorsed and sold by the institution. The ring features the traditional black onyx in the shape of the University seal and is recognizable as unique to UNCG. The Balfour Company is the official provider of UNCG class rings. For more information, visit the UNCG Class Ring webpage or contact the Office of Student Life at 336-334-5800.

When is my class reunion?
The Office of Alumni Engagement hosts an annual Reunion each April for the class celebrating its 50th anniversary. Class members interested in serving on their Reunion planning committee should contact Mary Swantek, Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement, at or (336) 256-2011. Planning for a 50th Reunion usually starts 2 to 3 years in advance. Members of The Vanguard (classes who have already celebrated their 50th reunion) are also invited to attend Reunion so that they may honor and welcome the 50th Reunion class into their ranks. Classes who are approaching their 50th anniversary are also invited to attend to help them as they plan for their own.

Classes celebrating other anniversaries (20th, 30th, 40th, etc.) are invited to hold reunions during UNCG’s annual homecoming each fall.  Members of these classes interested in organizing a reunion should contact Donegan Root, Associate Director of Alumni Engagement, at or (336) 256-2013 for more information.

May I rent space at the Alumni House?
Yes! Alumni, students, faculty and staff (and their relatives) are eligible to rent space at the Alumni House. For more information about rental rates and policies, please contact John Comer, Alumni House Manager, at or (336) 256-1466.

Can UNCG help me with my job search?
The Career Services Center is eager to assist alumni in their career development. Search for a job, or post an opening at your own company, at SpartanCareers; find career advice at DIY Career; or participate in a job fair. And don’t forget to connect with us on LinkedIn through the UNCG Spartans Network, the official UNCG professional network for alumni, students and faculty and staff.

How can I recommend a prospective student?
Who better to sell UNCG than our alumni? Check out our Spartan Recruitment page for more information on recommending a student or partnering with the Alumni Association and Office of Admissions.

How do I get a transcript?
Call the Registrar’s Transcript Line at (336) 334-5945 to obtain your transcript, or visit